Penang SME Centre
LAST UPDATED TUESDAY, 6 AUGUST 2019
PENANG SME CENTRE, Plot 105, Phase 4 Bayan Lepas Industrial Park, Penang
Penang SME Centre ~
Building Innovative and Competitive SMEs
Penang has been recognised by Malaysia SME as the only State in Malaysia to emphasize on SME development. Although FDIs are important to Penang and have been instrumental in promoting industrial development in the State. SMEs are equally important as they provide the much sought after ancillary and support services to the MNCs. Today, the availability of supply chain or ancillary and support services is an important determining factor for FDIs in selecting the location for their investments.
The State has a 3-prong approach to SME development i.e.
|(i)||Establishing SME Market Advisory, Resource and Training (SMART) Centre, which many Penang SMEs today have access to its services and facilities;|
|(ii)||Construction of Penang SME Centre to incubate local start-ups and provide space for SMEs that cannot not afford to have their own facility;|
|(iii)||Developing SME villages to provide ready-built factories and small industrial land plots within the industrial park.|
|Type of building||:||4-Storey Flatted Factory|
|Location||:||Plot 105, Phase 4, Bayan Lepas Industrial Park, Penang|
|Land Area||:||2.12 acres|
|Built-up Area||:||166,874 sq. ft.|
|Rentable Area||:||129,481 sq. ft.|
|Car Parking Lots||:||114 numbers|
|Height of Unit||:|| 3.6m clear height to underside of beams
4.0m clear height to underside of slabs
|Lifts||:|| 2 units Goods Lift
- 1 unit (3 ton), 1 unit (2 ton)
- 1 unit Passenger lift (15 person)
VALUE PROPOSITION OF PENANG SME CENTRE
2. Close proximity to Bayan Lepas International Airport and only 20km away from Penang Port.
3. Easily accessible via Penang Bridge and 2nd Penang Bridge.
4. Two and three ton capacity lifts provide for easy mobility of goods and machineries.
5. Central tenant utilities being created for expansion of facilities depending on needs of tenants.
6. Easy maintenance exterior of building like metal roofing, wall cladding and curtain walling etc
WHO SHOULD APPLY
2. Companies with abilities to design and develop innovative products or services.
3. SMEs needing additional space to expand their businesses.
4. SMEs who are able to hire, train and develop Malaysians to become technical or management professionals
PROJECT STATUS AND SUMMARY
LEVEL 1 (RM/PER SQ FT)
LEVEL 2 - 4 (RM/PER SQ FT)
Mr Yew Khye Chuan, Assistant Manager, Industry Division, Penang Development Corporation
(+604) - 6340110