As we start the New Year, we will be reviewing and addressing our challenges and goals. It will be a time of challenges this year as we witnessed the challenging global economic growth.
However, I believe that with our collective efforts and resilience, our journey this year will be a promising one, with the launching of many new infrastructure, facilities and tourism projects and affordable housing schemes for the people.
We will continue to emphasize and focus on our formulated 5-year Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020 for PDC to spearhead economic growth and move Penang into an international intelligent city.
Our goal for 2018 is to ensure that PDC’s 5-year Strategic Plans and Thrusts as stated below are implemented :-
• Creating new attractive corridors of growth across the State
• Regeneration and redevelopment of commercial areas, industrial parks and housing estates
• Building affordable homes to enhance home ownership for the Rakyat of all stratum
• Developing the infrastructure for tourism
• Enhancing communication and stakeholder engagement
On the same note, I would like to welcome you to our Website that provides interesting news and online services:-
• Business – RFPs, tenders and rental rates of our buildings/SME units, etc.
• Information on PDC’s projects and programmes
• Complaints/enquiries section is provided to gauge feedback for our continuous improvement
• Integrity Policy which is our main focus and attention in line with CAT; with our implementation of “No Gift Policy”, “Whistleblower Policy” and Corruption Free Pledge by PDC staff.
A big “Thank You” to all who have surfed our Website and I hope that you will continue to visit us. Your ideas and suggestions will help us to improve our services for you.
I wish to reiterate that PDC will continue to spearhead socio-economic development in the State and will benchmark with the best of industry to give our best in service delivery.
Dato’ Rosli Jaafar
General Manager, PDC